Monday, July 22, 2013

Emma—The Bravest Little Girl In The World!

Hey Folks, as you all know we launched Radio Rock 92.6 The Blitz two weeks ago today. It's been awesome so far but nothing compared to the feeling and emotions I experienced this morning on my show.

you see I follow an author named Jennifer Minar Jaynes, and in her FaceBook feed I learned about this adorable little girl named Emma. Emma is only 10 years old and she was born with a really rare disease called Fanconi Anemia, which causes complete bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers. There is no cure yet, just treatments to extend her life. She's gotten sicker as she's gotten older and is to the point that her body hardly has any bone marrow in it at all, and it makes hardly any white blood cells, platelets, or red blood cells.
She's had to travel almost 1000 miles for a bone marrow transplant, at a center that specializes in her illness, leaving most of her family behind. Being gone 5-7 months, if all goes well. Longer, if not. Her parents keep a FB page for her as well:www.facebook.com/ourlittletasteofheaven
Well I spent a long time on their FB page, looking at all the photos and videos her parents have shared with all of us. As a dad, naturally it breaks my heart to see someone so sweet deal with something so relentless. Naturally I wanted to do something for her. Like so many of us, due to distances and circumstances we're unable to do something physical for Emma, but all of us can follow their page, and share her story. I shared some emails with Emma's mom, Teresa, and asked her if she had a favorite song and her mom was kind enough to share that with me. So as a very small way to let Emma know that she has fans who love her, and support her family through what is obviously a very faith-testing struggle, I dedicated my morning show to her and her mom surprised her with our broadcast this morning. Emma didn't know anything about and her mom snapped this photo when she heard her name on the radio....I have admit folks the moment I saw it...I cried! This little angel touched my heart and soul from all the way across the United States!  
Emma

If you have the time, please go to their FB page and like it, let Emma know you care, give her family the encouragement they deserve....and most important...say a prayer for Emma...your breath won't be wasted.

Her mom told me when she heard the song...she got up and danced...Thank you Teresa and Tyler for being so brave to share your little girl with the world!

We love you Emma!
Tom Slick and the crew of The Blitz!

No comments:

Post a Comment